Thursday, August 17, 2017

Dive Into a Book!

We have been displaying summer reading signups using our usual bulletin board display spots so I haven't had a chance to make a bulletin board display all summer. Since we recently ended summer reading, I got my chance. 

I decided to go with an ocean theme because it's August and nothing in particular needs to be shown. Because I love the ocean and seen some awesome ocean display ideas on Pinterest, I combined ideas and used our ocean diecuts to make this display.


This was such a fun one to make and the streamers give it the extra pop I was looking for and make it visually appealing. 

Right now, we are displaying outer space books because of the solar eclipse coming up, but afterwards I might put out some ocean books to go along with the display. 

Speaking of the eclipse, it has been a constant library joke around here asking if we have eclipse glasses. We only have a select number of glasses and have printed out instructions on how to make your own device to view the eclipse safely. This has reminded us of tax season with the constant asking if we have certain forms. 

Coincidentally, I just started reading He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly and the story starts off with a description and explanation of a total eclipse. 

Hope everyone enjoys viewing the upcoming eclipse and is having a great start to the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment