Thursday, September 27, 2018

Family Storytime: Colors



This theme was a fun, educational theme to start off storytime. I have two new faces and they are both really well-behaved and attentive. 

They all seemed to have enjoyed each of the books and we had a little bit of discussion on our colors throughout each book. The books that we read were I Don't Draw, I Color! by Adam Lehraupt, Little Blue and Little Yellow by Leo Lionni, and Full Color by Etienne Delessert. I didn't really enjoy the illustrations in the last book, but I liked the story.





The books talked about color blending so I thought they were great fits for the craft and were easy to narrow down to read out of the many color picture books to choose from.

I was able to do three activities and the group really enjoyed the Pirate Patch Bear and following along to the Color Square rhyme. For Pirate Patch Bear, they were each able to bring up their different color patch to put on Bear's eye. The color square rhyme works well because it has an action rhyme to go with it.

Two out of the three activities got the kids moving and that worked really well. I'll be trying to incorporate more movement activities into storytime.

For our craft, we blended paint colors onto a color wheel made out of die-cut circles and focused on our primary colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment