Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Toddler Art: Food

I based my whole Toddler Art: Food program around the classic book If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Joffe Numeroff. This was a simple enough book for the toddlers to listen to and the crafts were rather easy enough for them too. 

This group listened very well and had a better listening day than my older kids. 

For our first craft, we made Moose's muffin using a half of a paper plate and sponges dipped in brown paint. This was a good opportunity for them to use their fine motor skills and use paint. 

The moose craft was a little bit more complicated for them, but the parents easily helped their little ones along with using the glue sticks to make Moose.


Our next theme will be story characters. I'm thinking a cute Cookie Monster craft, but we'll see where Pinterest takes me. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment