Thursday, January 3, 2019

Book of the Month: Giraffe Problems


This story by Jory John is another cute book of his. I liked how this book sends the message of accepting yourself and seeing the good your uniqueness can do and how it can even help others.

Summary: A giraffe struggles to feel comfortable with his neck.

Ages: 3-7 years

"I've been admiring your neck from afar. Oh, how I wish my neck looked like yours! I'd get so much done in a day."
I found the sophisticated dialogue in the story funny and cute, but also a polite element that made the story stand out from others. The illustrations are modern and pretty. There's a part in the book where the giraffe takes a look at how perfect the other animals' necks are and this would be a good opportunity to let a child name each one of the animals.

This book was Amazon's most anticipated children's book of Fall 2018. If you like this one, be sure to read Penguin Problems

No comments:

Post a Comment