Monday, February 25, 2019

Family Storytime: Dr. Seuss

In honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday this Saturday, we read Dr. Seuss books and did Dr. Seuss activities for storytime. This was a fun theme with the biggest group for me in the session. I made sure to mention to register for the next session and a few said they already have.

We were able to only read two books since Dr. Seuss books tend to be longer, but the kids really enjoyed Green Eggs and Ham and Hop on Pop.

After we did our bean bag song and read the first book, it was time to get moving again. We danced with our scarves to Seussical the Musical's Green Eggs and Ham song. Afterwards, we read our second book, did the Ten Apples on Top flannel, and sang If You're Happy and You Know It.

They enjoyed their Dr. Seuss hat craft and we had Dr. Seuss stickers! I think the group really enjoyed this one and I'm glad I had a lot of movement ideas since the group was a big one and were energetic. 

A nice way to end the storytime session! Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Other Books:
Dr. Seuss' ABC
My Many Colored Days

No comments:

Post a Comment