Thursday, October 3, 2019

Playdough Party! and No Registration vs. Registration

I just wanted to post a quick blog mentioning that I put on another one of our playdough parties. This one had our biggest crowd yet! 
Because of going no-registration on mostly all of our programs, it made for a great turnout. 

At some point, it was getting crowded in the room so I just mentioned that those who wanted to join us could wait outside by the stacks until more space cleared out and that seemed to have worked well. Plus, a lot of those already in the room who had at least half the time for playing were kind enough to leave to make room for others who just showed up. I also ended up leaving the room open for an additional half and hour to give those who showed up late a full chance at the program. 

The Playdough Party program has worked well with no-registration, but I do notice that some programs work much better with the registration required-especially for craft prep and for the ability to do reminder calls for attendance purposes so you do get a decent crowd. 

Patrons either love no-registration because they don't have to worry about registration, but other patrons need that reminder call to remember to attend and want a guaranteed spot. 

As with everything, there is positives and negatives, but personally I like registration so I can get to know patrons' names better, have the opportunity to give them reminder calls, and know how much to prep so I don't over prep and end up with too many craft materials that I could have used for another program. 

With that being said, I'm flexible and can accommodate to both ways to fit whatever is best for patrons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment