Monday, June 8, 2020

Virtual Program: Dig Deeper Storytime and Craft

 For one of my first virtual programs, I did a storytime around our library's Summer Reading Club theme: Dig Deeper. I was happy to start off my first virtual program as a storytime because truth be told it was a little scary to do any program virtually. Thankfully, everything worked out and it was a lot of fun. I do miss having a live audience though because it really adds to the atmosphere of storytelling.

I started off this virtual program talking about the summer reading club and provided step-by-step instructions on how to register online via Beanstack.

After that brief explanation, I read Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt by Kate Messner, illustrated by Christopher Silas Neal. This was the perfect story to go with our digging deeper theme that fit well with the gardening theme. It also was available to use from the publisher. (This really narrowed down choice of books quite a bit.)

Once I was done reading our fitting story, I explained how to do an easy gardening carrot craft using a paper plate, construction paper, and tracing your own hand.

This was a good start to getting the feel of doing things virtually.



No comments:

Post a Comment