Friday, April 23, 2021

Let's Have a Picnic Storytime

 I thought it would be fun to do a picnic themed storytime for spring and found the three perfect books that I thought would be perfect to read and paired it nicely with a watermelon craft. 

Ready for Anything! by Keiko Kasza tells the story of worried Duck and all the things he thinks can go wrong with a picnic. Of course his friend Raccoon reassures him that there's a lot of fun things about a picnic and to focus on that. 

Our next book was Bears and Blossoms by Shirley Parenteau and is a fun, sweet read showing all the great things about having a picnic.


 The last book I read was The Watermelon Seed by Greg Pizzoli so I could tie that in with our watermelon craft made with a paper plate, tissue paper, and markers. 

I hope all these stories got everyone hungry for another picnic book!



No comments:

Post a Comment