Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Magical Mermaid Storytime

 I always wanted to do a mermaid storytime and the day has come! 

For my first book shared, I chose Mermaid School by Joanne Stewart Wetzel. This book is really fun to read out loud and let's imaginations go wild when you wonder how mermaids are in school. 

My next mermaid book read was Coral by Molly Idle. Unique illustrations and a great message about acceptance, handling anger, and enjoying the help and company of others. 

We took a break from reading by counting fish on the flannel board and pointing out their different colors.

Afterwards, it was time to read our last book, Can I Give You a Squish? by Emily Neilson. I love this book and purposely picked it because it's about a mer-boy, so my boy listeners could relate to it more and feel included. I also like this book because it explains to children that sometimes others don't like hugs and to be touched but that there are other ways to welcome and be friendly to each other. 

Since we were done with our last book for storytime, it was time for our craft. I found these adorable seashell crowns that could be decorated and colored and worn on each child. 

I would definitely do this theme again because the books are so much fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment