Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Drop-In and Get Crafty: Valentine's Day

This was my first drop-in craft program of the year and we celebrated Valentine's Day. I usually make sure I have about forty crafts handy for this program without knowing how many participants there will be and usually have a few leftover crafts. This time around, I had only about five crafts left.

This is a great family program because it is a way for families to come to the library and enjoy a free craft together and for me, it's fun and quite easy to prepare for unless the craft is homemade and has many pieces. It is also a perfect program for eager, young crafters who may not have it in them to sit and listen to a story. 

We had a fun time decorating Valentine's Day bags to use to hold our Valentines or to give to mom or dad as a present. I handed out some Minon Valentines and some chocolate heart candy while we listened to the Despicable Me Soundtrack. The kids had fun using a variety of stickers, foam hearts, and doilies to decorate their white bags. 




One of my regular program friends gave me such a touching Valentine after she was done decorating her bag. It was so sweet and made my day! It was cute to see her tell her mom what to write on the card. That's what it's all about! Thank you, Neve!




Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment