Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Toddler Art: Pumpkins

It was time for more pumpkin fun! Toddler Art was also all about pumpkins. I chose to stay away from pumpkin seeds and beans since this group is younger and the pumpkin play dough didn't stay put long enough for a sensory bin.

I read a short pumpkin rhyming story, Plumply, Dumply Pumpkin by Mary Serfozo before we got to our crafts.  


For our first craft, I had the group make their own thumb print pumpkins. There were circles on the pumpkin that they had to press their painted thumbs against it to make their pumpkin orange. I also put out some green paint for the stem.  My group loves paint so I opted out of using dot stickers.

Our last craft was making a cute pumpkin pie slice using tissue paper, construction paper, and paper plates. 


The crafts went quicker than I expected, but they still got their sensory practice in with thumb printing and tissue paper placement. 

Now for some real pumpkin pie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment