Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Preschool Picasso: Celebrating Fall

After contemplating doing a turkey theme or a fall theme, I ended up choosing fall. I'll still be doing a turkey craft for storytime and a drop-in craft program, so I decided to do something different for my Preschool Picasso and Toddler Art programs. 

This program had a great turn-out and was a lot of fun. The group was very attentive to the story, The Little Scarecrow Boy by Margaret Wise Brown and they enjoyed the storytime. I had them practice their "fierce" scarecrow faces and wave their arms in the air like a scarecrow. This story was just the right amount of story length. I like being able to read to this group because they can sit a little longer for stories than my storytime group and Toddler Art group.




After mentioning some upcoming programs, I explained each craft. For our first craft, we made a paper plate scarecrow face using ripped paper, cutout pieces, and shredded beige paper. I had the group tear their own paper to get some texture and practice in the activity.

For an additional craft, we made leaf silhouettes. Red, yellow, and orange paint were put out to paint over their leaves on construction paper. Once dry, they pealed off their leaves to see its shape. 


I enjoyed celebrating fall with my group. Happy Fall y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment