Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Toddler Art: Christmas

It was time for a Toddler Art Christmas! What I usually do closer to my Preschool Picasso and Toddler Art programs is go online and gather on Pinterest (some Google ideas too) all the crafts I think would work for my theme for that month for these programs and copy and paste pictures of each craft into a Word document. 

Once I'm satisfied with my choices and have enough crafts to make it difficult to choose, I print out my word document and start narrowing it down by what would be appropriate for each age group, what they would like, what would be doable and affordable and then get to it. 

As soon as I'm done choosing the two crafts I'll be using for each program, I get started on gathering supplies and prepping, which usually involves a trip to a store and some cutting, not as much cutting as the drop-in get crafty programs. 

For this holiday Toddler Art, we read Are You Grumpy, Santa? by Gregg and Evan Spiridellis, which is such a silly and fun holiday book. Once we were done reading together, we made Santa Claus and a present.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment