Friday, August 10, 2018

Decorate Your Own Pencil Case


I decided to read a short school picture book story to this group. They really enjoyed Splat the Cat by Rob Scotton and were very good listeners.

I had the group go to their spots where I had foam alphabet letters spelling out their names. This was a good way to keep track of those who wanted to drop-in and make sure that those who were registered got their pencil cases first.

They used their foam letters and markers to decorate. The group was very pleased with the canvas pencil case craft and I had a few drop-ins. They really liked being able to personalize their case with the foam letters. I had a few moms ask if we'll do anything like this again. I was happy to see that I didn't need to get fabric markers and we could just use the standard Crayola markers.

This was a fun program to get the kids excited about the new school year and both young and old kids enjoyed it. I think it would be well-received if we didn't something like this at the beginning of every school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment