Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Toddler Art: Animals

I had some more new, great additions during this morning's Toddler Art program and everyone had a nice time with our short story and two crafts.

I read Karma Wilson's Bear Sees Colors. It's about Bear and Mouse who are friends and encounter different animals and colors along the way. The group enjoyed this one and it was fun to see them get excited about each color.

For our two crafts, we made Bear and Mouse. For Bear, I put paper plates out with dollops of brown paint for them to smear and paint onto their paper plate. We had cut-out ears and noses and sticker eyes to make the rest of Bear.

For Mouse, we used construction paper and yarn for his tail and a pom pom for his nose. I used some different color die-cut leaves to glue onto the background and incorporate the color theme of the book too.

They enjoyed making their crafts and parents helped, but I think next time I'll put out some sponges for the paint so it is a little easier for them to grip than the paint brushes. They can always use their hands and finger paint, but sometimes parents don't like this messier approach.

I liked how this story worked so well with the theme and crafts and this author has such great books for concept themes, animals, and the seasons.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment