Monday, April 1, 2019

Family Storytime: Taking a Bath


Everyone really enjoyed this bath time theme and there are so many ideas and picture books that are perfect for it.

We started off with our bean bag song and then started reading our first book, Time for a Bath by Phillis Gershator. This book was the perfect beginning to explain why we need baths and how we get messy.

Afterwards, I handed different clothing flannel pieces and I told a story about a girl who needed to get dress and couldn't make up her mind. After we put clothes on her and kept changing it up, she decided that since it was a rainy day, she would wear her bathing suit. It's a pretty silly story I made up on the fly because I knew I wanted to use the clothing flannel pieces.

Our next book was The Pigeon Needs a Bath by Mo Willems, which was a craft tie-in for storytime. The group really laughed at this one and of course it was a complete hit!


We sang "If You're Happy and You Know It" and went to our last book, Get Out of My Bath! by Britta Teckentrup. This is an interactive one and I think it kept the group's interest until it was time to work on our crafts.


For our craft, we made a Pigeon Dirty/Pigeon Clean craft using a brad to rotate him in his bubble bath. They colored Pigeon to make him dirty, added cotton balls for bubbles, and had a cute, yellow duckie to add.

Other Books:
How to Wash a Woolly Mammoth Michelle Robinson
Peep and Egg: I'm Not Taking a Bath Laura Gehl
Bubbles, Bubbles Kathi Appelt
Small Elephant's Bathtime Tatyana Feeney
You Take a Bath David I.A. Mason
Bears in the Bath Shirley Parenteau
Big Red Tub Julia Jarman
On My Way to the Bath Sarah Maizes
Squeaky Clean Simon Puttock

Other Activities:
Where Is Duckie Hiding? Guessing Flannelboard
Mrs. Wishy-Washy Flannelboard
*Scarf Activity: Splish-Splash I Was Taking a Bath Disney: The Best of Silly Songs #18
Bubbles
*5 Elephants in the Tub
Dog's Colorful Day flannel
Raffi-Bathtime

Craft: Pigeon Takes a Bath Craft with cotton balls



No comments:

Post a Comment