Friday, November 8, 2019

Favorites, Favorites, Favorites!

I just wanted to write a quick post on some of my favorite books for fall, winter, and just all-time favorites. 

This was a very tough endeavor because there's so many good choices and the possibilities are endless, but I settled on my top five fall picture books, top five winter picture books, and top five all-time favorite books when I was a child.

Top Five Fall Picture Books
Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson
We're Going On a Leaf Hunt by Steve Metzger
Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano
Leaves by David Ezra Stein
Mouse's First Fall by Lauren Thompson






I picked these five books because they are wonderful storytime books for fall with beautiful pictures and great messages or silliness. I almost always read these every season for storytimes and they never disappoint. 

Top Five Winter Picture Books
Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner
The Biggest Snowman Ever by Steven Kroll
How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss
Bunny Slopes by Claudia Rueda
Let It Snow by Maryann Cocca-Leffler






I picked these five books because they are cute, enjoyable stories to read that are also perfect for storytimes. The Grinch is also one of my all-time favorite children's books.

All-Time Favorite Books (When I was a Child)
Any Garfield comic by Jim Davis
American Girl Books, especially Meet Addy
The Secret World of Alex Mack series
Dear America Series
Goosebumps







These five series were picked because I remember gobbling these books all up as a kid. I'm a huge fan of Garfield and would collect anything Garfield as a kid and would have to keep up with every comic book so I wouldn't miss an issue. I just loved his cattitude!

American Girl books were always a favorite because I could relate to them as a girl and I remember first reading Meet Addy and feeling so much sympathy and emotion for her. Great books to put girls in other girls' shoes and I remember just reading these and feeling like I was there with each character.

The Secret World of Alex Mack was a TV series on Nickelodeon that I loved as a child. She was into science and had magical powers because of it! I of course wanted to read every book. Another character that I could relate to and really pulled me in.

Dear America was one of my favorite series because I enjoyed the idea of reading someone else's diary and all these young girls had journeys and hardships that made their diaries interesting. It was because of this series that I enjoy reading any diary-format books and it also helped instill a love of history as a child.

Goosebumps were a favorite because they were so popular. The feeling of being scared while reading them is what really brought an interest of wanting to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment