Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Virtual Program: Rawr! Dinosaurs! Storytime

For my next virtual program it was a dinosaur storytime that was a lot of fun to do and with tons of books to choose from that were silly and a dino-delight!

The first book I read was That's What Dinosaurs Do by Jory John. I love his books because they have that perfect element of silly and fun. The repetitiveness of this one is what makes it fun to read.

Once I was done reading Jory John's book, I brought the flannelboard out and we did some dinosaur counting. 

The next book read was Dino by Diego Vaisberg about having a dinosaur as a pet. This book really brings out the imagination.

Our last book was We Love Dinosaurs by Lucy Volpin because we really do LOVE dinosaurs! I wanted to include this book and it was short enough to add it to the storytime. 

For the sample craft to try at home, I found an adorable dinosaur craft using a paper plate, a paper towel/toilet paper roll, and some markers. I'm really trying to keep these crafts simple and with basic supplies so no parent has to make a special trip to get anything during the pandemic. This also shows how crafts and activities can really be done with anything around the house so long as you use your imagination. 



No comments:

Post a Comment