Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Preschool Picasso: Bubbles

I must admit, I ran into some bubbles while rummaging through some stuff at home and came up with the next theme for Preschool Picasso and Toddler Art! If I was having fun blowing bubbles, no doubt the kids will!

I started browsing my Pinterest board for bubble ideas and came across a few. 

I seen a great craft based on the book Mrs. Wishy-Washy's Farm by Joy Cowley. I've used this book in storytime at least three times and it's great for a farm animal theme and for a clean, bubbly one too.

After announcing our fun theme and reading the story, it was time to do our two crafts and sensory activity.

The first craft was the Mrs. Wishy-Washy craft. I showed the group how to blow bubbles by using a straw and the blue paint solution that was mixed with dish washing liquid and some water. We practiced blowing out first because I was a bit worried some of the kids might accidentally suck the paint in, but luckily we had no problem. I added the foil basin for a texture and visual sensory.

Some of the kids blew the paint out using a straw, some used the straw as a paint brush, but most used the technique of blowing the bubbles up to the edge of the cup and lightly pressing their paper onto it to make the design. The kids were better at this than me! They know their bubbles!


The next craft was making bubble circles using a variety of colored paint and the tops of paper cups. They enjoyed stamping and making fun circle patterns.

For our sensory activity, I had bubbles to blow and farm animals to wash, just like in our story. The group enjoyed cleaning the farm animals with the soapy water and sponges. 


This was a fun one and I'm already working on some more bubble ideas for the toddlers next week.

Wishy-Washy, Wishy-Washy! Bubbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment