Thursday, June 15, 2017

Toddler Art: Bubbles

Bubbles are a fun theme and I usually like keeping the Preschool Picasso and Toddler Art the same themes, so bubbles it is!

We had three crafts, but I'm thinking of switching it up a bit and adding a story and only having two crafts in the future. 


For our first craft, we did bubble painting. I used bubble solution and added a few drops of food coloring in small containers. The kids were able to practice blowing bubbles, pop bubbles onto their paper, and make colorful art. I had some older siblings in this one and they seemed to like this craft the best. 

The second craft seemed to be the most popular. We made fish using bubble wrap and paint to make the scales. I have to remember to use the fish theme more because a lot of the kids like it. This was good for feeling the texture of the bubble wrap and pressing it down, using it as a stamp. We used sticker eyes for the complete look.

The last craft involved finger painting. I used a dog die-cut shape and cut out bath tubs. The group glued their craft together and then used finger paint to make bubbles around their dog that was taking a bubble bath. Hand-eye coordination was used and the group is getting more used to the feeling of paint on their hands.

I had a great turn-out and the bubble theme felt perfect for the start of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment