Thursday, August 1, 2019

Book of the Month: Underwear!


So I thought since I chose a somewhat sad and touching book last month, that I would go with something totally silly this time. For this month's Book of the Month, I chose Underwear! by Jenn Harney.

Summary: So begins the dialogue between a tired bear dad and a rambunctious bear cub who would rather play with his tighty whities than get into bed. Undewear makes great hair. It can even turn one into a superbear, or a goggle-wearing swimming bear. But beware of a big scare! Rhymes, homonyms, and conjunctions abound in this book that could be used to teach reading, but its primary purpose is to make bedtime fun.

Ages: 2-5 years

"Stop right there! You should be wearing underwear!!!"

What I loved about this book is it took a boring subject about learning how to put on underwear and made it hilarious for both parent and child to read. Of course I enjoyed the silly rhyming in this book and the cute pictures. It was also nice how this was all tied-in with bedtime. If you're looking for a funny bedtime book that you wouldn't mind reading over and over, here's the book for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment