Monday, July 9, 2018

Preschool Picasso: Red, White, and Blue

What a turnout! This was such a fun, big group! I had most of my registrations show up and had some drop-ins as well. I had enough craft for everybody because I usually plan for extra and I think everyone had a great time.

 We all really enjoyed listening to The Night Before the Fourth of July by Amy Wummer. These Night Before books are always so fun and rhythmic to read. The group loved this book and I read it a second time after we were done with our crafts.


The pom pom flag craft we did was great practice for them to get used to painting and the windsock seemed to be the favorite of the two crafts. I used printouts, red and blue pom poms with red and blue paint, and q-tips for white star dotting to come up with our pom-pom flag craft.

Our second craft was a red, white, and blue windsock. I used cut-out blue construction paper for the base, die-cut red and white stars, and red and white streamers. We used red ribbon to hang it up. 

This was a fun way to see one of my favorite groups and celebrate Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment