Thursday, July 12, 2018

Toddler Art: Red, White, and Blue

For this month's Toddler Art, we kept the Independence Day theme and had fun with paint and construction paper. 

I read Red, White, and Boom by Lee Wardlaw. It's a quick story about celebrating with a parade and fireworks. 


The little ones began working on their crafts. We had all sorts of motor skill practice making our own red, white, and blue flags using paint. This group also used clothespins and pom poms, but I modified the template for this group to make it more simple and dilly-dot like. 

Their next craft was making a smiley star. I think they had fun with both crafts, but enjoyed the takeaway of this one better and just appreciated using paint in the first craft. I cut up some larger stars, used our die-cut machine for smaller ones to use as the hands and feet, and white strips of paper for the arms and legs of our star. We drew our smiles on and used eye stickers.

I can't wait for next month's theme, at the beach, because I have some good ideas planned and there are so many options. Plus, who wouldn't want to be at the beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment